Featuring Young Hearts
Women 21 years of age or older are invited to the upcoming 2019 Your Little Black Dress by HealthScope®. Wear your favorite little black dress (or outfit) and celebrate what makes you feel uniquely powerful, confident, and beautiful.
Dance to your favorite songs with Young Hearts - The Hottest Party Band in Tennessee!
Indulge in delicious hors d’oeuvres like cold jumbo shrimp, fresh sushi, marinated vegetables, and fresh fruit – just a taste of this year’s mouthwatering menu!
Enjoy these decadent dishes with fine wines, champagne, craft beer, light beer, and more!
Each guest will take home a fashionable quilted tote bag perfect for everyday shopping, traveling, and more!
September 19th, 2019
From 6 - 9 p.m.
(Doors open at 5:30 p.m.)
1810 Chestnut St.
Chattanooga, TN 37408
$75 in advance per woman
$85 for patrons (just because!)
$25 valet parking pass
2019 Ticket Proceeds Benefit:
Northside Neighborhood House was founded in 1924 by a group of women concerned for the welfare of their neighbors living in poverty on the Northshore. Ninety-five years later, the NNH is still meeting the needs of families, of which over 70% have women as the head of household. Ticket proceeds for Your Little Black Dress by HealthScope® will benefit NNH and support programs that benefit women and their families. These programs include:
1) The Emergency Direct Assistance Program which provides financial help with utilities, prescriptions, and food to women and children. It also includes a Back-to-School Shop and Christmas Program that empowers mothers in need to shop (for free) for their children at the start of the school year and during Christmas.
2) Education Programming for both children (North Chattanooga site and two Community Schools at Hixson Middle and Red Bank High) and adults that helps them work toward earning their Hi-Set, which can open doors for better employment opportunities and better wages. The NNH also offers job-search assistance, workforce training and computer classes for women seeking employment. Their After-School and Summer Programs (at all locations) provide working moms with the assurance that their children are in a safe environment where they can learn and grow while they work.
3) NNH Thrift Stores provide quality clothing, furniture and other items to those in need at a minimal cost.
4) The Healthy Families Program offers cooking classes to women who need help stretching their food dollars. These classes also teach healthy eating habits and how to shop smarter to stretch their food budgets.
5) At Family Dinner Nights, mothers seeking fellowship and support from other parents bring their children and receive a free healthy meal. After dinner, childcare is provided so mothers can attend parenting sessions that provide valuable information on parenting topics such as "Coping with Stress’ or ‘Internet Safety’.
Please join us in supporting Northside Neighborhood House for the benefit of women in our community. To learn more visit: nnhouse.org
The mission of Girls Inc. of Chattanooga is to inspire all girls to be strong, smart and bold – healthy, educated and independent – on their journey to self-discovery. Beginning as Girls Club of Chattanooga in 1961, Girls Inc. has served more than 27,000 local girls over the years and currently supports nearly 1,000 each year across Hamilton County.
Fun and educational in-school, after school, and school break programs are provided for girls ages 6-18 with diverse income levels, races, abilities, nationalities, and religions. Research-based programming is delivered by a highly trained and committed staff who believe in the promise and potential of local girls. Programs focus on the development of the whole girl, supporting, mentoring, and guiding girls in an affirming, pro-girl environment. Girls learn to value their whole selves, discover and develop their inherent strengths, and receive the support they need to navigate the challenges of life.
The support of passionate individuals, steadfast organizations, and dedicated corporate supporters ensures that Girls Inc. of Chattanooga continues to be both laser-focused on the needs of girls in our community and committed to ensuring that girls have every opportunity to be successful: to not be limited by gender, to be physically and emotionally healthy, and graduate from high school prepared for life, college, and career success.
Girls Inc. is uniquely positioned to support the girls of today. Girls Inc. believes investing in girls today equips our leaders of tomorrow and investing in girls benefits everyone. Girls Inc. not only builds strong, smart, and bold girls- our work strengthens our families, our communities, and our economies.
For more information about Girls Inc. of Chattanooga, go to girlsincofchatt.org